When planning to build a home with Energy Panel Systems LLC (EPS), there are 8 unique levels of the planning process that represent various levels of development. In order to get things started we will need to have you ask yourself some questions:
- Am I familiar with the overall building process?
- Do I have my House plans already? If not visit e plans for ideas!
- Do I have a contractor already?
- Do I have an engineer already?
To complete your estimate, NRG will need your current contact information. This information should include name, address, primary and alternate phone numbers, email address, contractor (if known), and plan contact information (if different than primary contact information)
Level 1 – GETTING STARTED
In order prepare a relatively accurate quote NRG requires a basic level of information. First and foremost we will need a copy of your building plans. (If you have purchased a set of plans through e plans, please provide the plan number) This is necessary in order to give you the most accurate quote possible. Plans should be legible and information should include:
Full Size Set of Drawings:
- Site location (city, state, zip)
- Site address
- Floor plans with dimensions
- All elevation views (with roof pitches noted)
- Building Section(s) showing wall heights and connection details
- Projected construction date
- Roof plan
Level 2 – ESTIMATES
The information gathered during Level 1 will be used to prepare your estimate:
- We will use your drawings for standard construction detailing
- We will contact you if we need any additional informational
- Upon completion, we will present you with a proposal for your NRG custom panel system. Upon execution of the agreement, you will let us know when you want to move forward and begin the engineering and drafting process.
Level 3 – ESTIMATE ACCEPTANCE
To move forward with your project, we will need the following submitted to NRG:
- Signed shop drawing proposal
- Payment as specified in your Sales agreement
*NRG typically requires a 50% payment upon ordering materials, 40% upon panel completion and the remainder upon delivery. We can also work with lenders to have funds released based on materials being ordered.
Level 4 – DRAFTING
After you accept our estimate, NRG will begin the drafting process. The drafting and reviewing process will typically last between 2-6 weeks depending upon the quality of the drawings initially provided and the number of times the plans are redlined and reviewed. This process includes the following steps:
- An NRG panel designer will prepare revised drawings (based on your redlines) and will return revised drawings back to your for further review and approval.
- You or your representative will then thoroughly review the drawings and dimensions and make corrective redlines; then return these corrections to NRG.
- An NRG panel designer prepares revised drawings (based on your redlines) and NRG returns revised drawings back to you for further review and approval.
Level 5 – ENGINEERING
Most building jurisdictions require engineering for building projects. NRG outsources engineering to a registered professional structural engineer and is preformed at an additional price. We have worked with our engineers who specialize in using our Energy Panel System structures to ensure that your project is engineered both correctly and efficiently.
Engineering reports will include:
- Gauges of steel components to be used
- Foundation details
- Tie-down locations
- Shear wall locations
- Header sizes and gauges
- Locations of all structural posts (built into panels)
- Any specific details needed to complete the project
Level 6 – FINAL ACCEPTANCE
Once drafting and engineering have been completed, NRG will require that you submit signed shop drawings to begin the production process:
Signed final shop drawings:
The signed final shop drawings are an indicator to NRG that you have reviewed your drawings, completed all revisions and have accepted them in their final state. These are the drawings that EPD will authorize for fabrication and shipment.
Level 7 – PRODUCTION
The production process typically runs about 4 weeks. Nearing the completion of production, NRG will contact you to verify the requested delivery date and any other deliver details.
A bill of materials will be formulated and any changes from the original estimate will be adjusted accordingly; otherwise you will receive shipment according to the original agreement.
Level 8 – SHIPPING
Shipping is available and is arranged by NRG at an additional cost. Unless otherwise noted, NRG will ship directly to the job site.
Panels are loaded on standard flat-bed trucks in stacks as high as 12 feet. It is recommended that a forklift be used to unload panels, but is not always necessary. Contact your EPS representative for additional information.